Tuesday 3 December 2013

PRESENT PERFECT. Form and Use.


Form.

Affirmative

SUBJECT+ HAVE/HAS+ Past Participle.

Examples:

I have visited my aunt.
She has prepared a cake.

My friend and I have eaten the cake.

The three have had lots of fun.

Negative

Examples:

I haven't visited my aunt. ( I have not visited my aunt).

She hasn't prepared a cake. ( She has not prepared a cake).

My friend and I haven't eaten the cake. ( My friend and I have not eaten the cake)


Question

Form

HAVE/HAS+SUBJECT+Past Participle

Have you eaten the cake? Yes, I have/ No, I haven't.

Has he gone to the stadium? Yes, he has/ No, he hasn't.


USE OF THE PRESENT PERFECT.


1. We use it talk about experiences.

I have eaten snakes in Australia.

2. We use it to talk about actions that began in the past and still continue.

Steven Gerrard has played many years for Liverpool. (He still plays there)
Xabi Alonso played for Liverpool. ( He now plays for Real Madrid)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment